Due to the current weather conditions Dorset Police would like to warn members of the public not to travel unless absolutely necessary. Officers have received a large number of reports of trees causing problems on the roads.
Advice to motorists:
- When visibility is reduced switch on your headlights
- Double the distance you leave between your car and the car in front of you, as stopping distances increase in wet weather
- Exercise caution when approaching standing water on the roads
- Consideration should be given to the depth of the water
- Do not take any risks driving through flood waters
- If motorists decide to drive through shallow water, they are asked to do so slowly and to be aware of the effect of waves on other road users.