Plans illustrating the future of Poole Park will be revealed at a public exhibition on Wednesday 2 July.
- Heritage and Landscape: Restoring original features, enhancing their setting and ensuring Poole Park retains its original Victorian characteristics whilst improving the quality of the landscaping
- Lakes and water: Improving the condition of the park lakes for people and wildlife and allowing greater public interaction with them
- Traffic: Changing the perception of the road through Poole Park to make it a safer, more welcoming place for park users
- Play: Improving the existing play areas and introducing a play landscape throughout the park
- Geese and Wildfowl: Management and maintenance solutions to be explored in the round two development phase
We are doing everything possible to secure this money and deliver the enhancements that the majority of people have said they want.”
The first round bid will be made to the Heritage Lottery Fund in August and successful bids will be announced in December.
It will take at least a year for the second stage bid to be prepared, with full funding hopefully following in 2016.