This year’s event is themed around improving and making a difference to patient care, and is being held in the main atrium of the hospital from 10am-4pm.
A number of consultant-led health talks will also be held in the hospital chapel throughout the day. The talks are free but booking is essential:
- 10.30am: Understanding Cataracts by Mr James Kersey, Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
- 11.30am: Understanding Dermatology by Dr Ian Pearson, Consultant Dermatologist
- 12.30pm: Understanding Nutrition and Hydration by Dr Simon McLaughlin, Consultant Gastroenterologist
- 1.30pm: Understanding Stroke by Dr Damian Jenkinson, Consultant Stroke Physician and Honorary Senior Lecturer
- 2.45pm: Understanding Haematology by Dr Rachel Hall, Consultant Haematologist
The hospital atrium will host information displays from different departments, each with their own interactive stand, including quizzes, challenges and basic health checks.
There will be an opportunity to see a maternity birthing pool demonstration, and a chance to see how the Trust works to minimise falls in the hospital.
To book a place at one of our talks, please call 01202 704 271.