Firefighters from Wimborne and Poole tackled a barn blaze in the Pamphill area on Monday morning, 11 August.
They were called at approximately 9.40am and found one barn well alight with the fire beginning to spread to an adjacent building. Crews requested the assistance of another fire engine and a specialist water carrier vehicle and began tackling the fire using firefighting foam, hose reel jets and main lines. Both buildings contained asbestos and a specialist hazardous materials officer was also mobilised to the incident. The contents of the barn were completely destroyed by fire including a caravan, fork lift truck and hay bales, surrounding buildings were also damaged.
The cause of the fire was believed accidental and started when the hot exhaust of a fork lift truck came into contact with hay bales.