Alderholt residents have another chance to find out more about the new ‘recycle for Dorset’ collection service at a presentation at the Village Hall on Wednesday 13 February, at 6.30pm. All residents are welcome to attend to find out more, and ask any questions about the new recycling and rubbish collection service – which starts in North Dorset and part of East Dorset in June.
Leaflets about the new service have been posted to 40,000 households in North Dorset and parts of East Dorset including Alderholt, Corfe Mullen, Cranborne and Sixpenny Handley.
Households have until 28 February to contact the DWP if they feel the new containers will not meet their needs, or if they require assistance to physically move their bins. The closing date to pay for an optional garden waste collection – starting in June – is also 28 February.
Around 150 residents previously attended a ‘recycle for Dorset’ roadshow in Alderholt on Thursday 31 January. Further roadshows are being held on the following dates:
• Saturday 9 February – The Corn Exchange, Blandford – 10am-1pm
• Friday 15 February – Tesco, Blandford – 10am-1pm
• Saturday 16 February – Corfe Mullen Village Hall – 2pm-5pm
• Monday 18 February – The Guildhall (Town Hall), Shaftesbury – 5pm-8pm
• Thursday 21 February – Tesco, Shaftesbury – 10am-1pm
• Friday 22 February – Dikes supermarket, Stalbridge – 10am-1pm
Residents can also see examples of the new bins and containers during opening hours at:
• Corfe Mullen Parish Council Office – Towers Way, Corfe Mullen
• East Dorset District Council Council Offices, Furzehill
• Blandford Leisure Centre – Milldown Road, Blandford
• Gillingham Town Hall – School Road, Gillingham
• North Dorset District Council – Salisbury Road, Blandford
• Shaftesbury Community Resource Centre – 4 Swans Yard, Shaftesbury
• Sixpenny Handley Parish Council – Unit 5B, Town Farm Workshops (Tuesdays 12, 19 and 26 February, 10am-2pm)
For more information about the new ‘recycle for Dorset’ service, go to http://www.dorsetforyou.com/recyclefordorset