A new project is searching for dancers aged between 14 and 21 years who would like the chance to work with dance professionals and perform at some of the theatres in Dorset and the South West.
Anna Golding, Dance Producer at Activate Performing Arts, the arts charity behind the project said, “We are keen to attract creative young people who have a feel for music and movement, bags of energy and a real thirst to take on a new challenge. Activate’s aim is making dance available for all.” A background of formal dance lessons is not required.
Whilst aiming to be affordable and inclusive, the project will give members opportunities to
- work towards a theatre performance in February 2016 in front of an audience
- rehearse with a professional dance leader in a studio space
- work as part of a creative team to choreograph an original piece of contemporary dance
- meet other youth dance companies to share and perform work
- learn new skills and techniques
Activate’s message is: “Don’t just dance in your bedroom!”
For more information or a chat about the project, please get in touch with Anna Golding; email@example.com or call Activate on 01305 260954.
Rehearsals are scheduled for 17 and 31 January in Dorchester and 18 and 19 February in Weymouth. The live performance happens on 24 February on the main stage, Octagon Theatre, Yeovil.